Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why did daphne du Maurier love cornwall, england? PLEASE HELP ME OUT THE PROJECT IS WORTH 75% OF MY GRADE.?

hey guys i really need you help, dose anyone know why daphne du Maureir loved cornwall england, please give as much info as possible the project is worth more then half my grade and i cant fail so please be kind and help out thanks

Why did daphne du Maurier love cornwall, england? PLEASE HELP ME OUT THE PROJECT IS WORTH 75% OF MY GRADE.?
From her novel Rule Britannia, the following quote is taken about Cornwall, "'I never can make up my mind about nationalism, said her grandmother [a character most can agree is based on herself]. 'it's inclined to turn fanatical, and the fanatics make such a point about where one is born. I was born in Wimbledon, and although I used to adore going to the tennis there in old days I wouldn't die for it. In fact, it wouldn't worry me if Wimbledon and all its houses ceased to exist. But I've made this corner of this particular peninsula my home for a long time now, and I'd certainly die for it if I thought it would do any good.'"


But really, she sums it up in Vanishing Cornwall when she says about Cornwall, "Here was the freedom I desired, long sought-for, not yet known. Freedom to write, to walk, to wander, freedom to climb hills, to pull a boat, to be alone."


Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment