Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Can someone please give me a quote describing Rebecca from Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca? Thanks!?

At the end of a chapter (11, I think) the new Mrs. de Winter asks Frank if Rebecca was very beautiful.





"Yes," he said slowly, "yes, I suppose she was the most beautiful creature I ever saw in my life."

Can someone please give me a quote describing Rebecca from Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca? Thanks!?
This is from Chapter 18, after the party:





"I knew her figure now, the long slim legs, the small and narrow feet. Her shoulders, broader than mine, the capable clever hands. Hands that could steer a boat, could hold a horse. Hands that arranged flowers, made the models of ships, and wrote 'Max from Rebecca' on the fly-leaf of a book. I knew her face too, small and oval, the clear white skin, the cloud of dark hair. I knew the scent she wore, I could guess her laughter and her smile."





Hope that helps! :D
Reply:"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." Actually is the most powerful line in the book.





Oops - got ahead of myself. "It's too late, my darling. We've lost our little chance of happiness."

children boots

No comments:

Post a Comment